General Description of Function / Job Content
Project Engineer has the primary responsibility to oversee and render close physical inspection and supervision of construction works assigned to him to ensure compliance to approved plans and specification and in accordance with the approved schedule and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures and familiarizes him with contract agreements of the projects assigned to him and compliance of the project execution herewith.
- Reviews and familiarizes himself with the complete plans and technical specifications for projects under him.
- Conducts ocular site inspection to determine actual conditions of the project in relation to accessibility of materials and equipment, and availability of utilities necessary for project execution.
- Conducts daily site inspection of assigned construction works to ensure quality works of contractors.
- Witness testing of and compliance of construction materials to approved specifications only.
- Monitor and control the issuance and use of Owner Supplied Materials (OSM) and other equipment by the contractors to ensure maximum utilization and cost effectiveness.
- Conducts regular coordination meetings with the contractors and other site personnel to discuss improvement of operational efficiency and productivity.
- Prepares, endorses and certifies correctness of contractor’s accomplishments, billing and other claims.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager or other departments the issues encountered that could affect or delay the execution of the project.
- Maintains at the site office complete set of project files and records including but not limited to contract agreement, engineering plans, specifications, notices, memo and other claims.
- Imposes sanctions to contractors or any erring workers violating any construction guideline or company policies.
- The Project Engineer is solidary liable for damages to or loss of any company resources (materials, equipment, etc.).
- Protect at all time the image and interest of the company in the execution of the projects assigned to him.
- With at least 1 year of experience in Construction or Real Estate and Land Development.
- Willing to be assigned in Cavite
- With a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Preferably with Professional License as Civil Engineer